Animate your favourite character with littleBits!
Break down images into basic shapes and create an animated version with recycled materials!
- 1 x littleBits (9V battery, battery cable, power Bit, long LED Bit, servo Bit)
- paper fasteners
- pipe cleaners
- Choose your favourite character / creature and break it down into basic shapes. Draw out the draft on paper / directly on cardboard. (10min)
- Cut out the carboard shapes. (5min)
- Assemble cardboard shapes using paper fasteners. (5min)
Cardboard, paper fasteners
- Build the littleBits circuit as shown.
- Cut and fold a cardboard strip into a triangular stand for the character. Attach it the the cardboard character with paper fastener.
- Attach another cardboard strip to the triangular stand to hold the servo bit.
- Secure the servo to the cardboard strip with pipecleaners. Poke holes in the cardboard with fasteners.
9V battery, littleBits (battery cable, power Bit, long LED, servo), cardboard, paper fasteners, pipecleaner
Close up of littleBits circuit
Overall assembly of littleBits circuit onto cardboard character
Decorate your creation! (10min)
markers, crayons, googly eyes, pipecleaners or recyclables